garlic8reath said: how about cute venture sisters for my headcanon prompts?
OH JEEZ I HAVEN’T THOUGHT/TALKED ABOUT MY GIRLS IN MONTHS, I SHOULD FIX THAT
- How do they celebrate their birthday and/or favorite holiday? Ohhh my god I feel like this is how both of them start their birthday off; they probably spend the whole day in matching tiaras that they’ve had since they were 6, and Hannah ALWAYS does the birthday-pinch-to-grow-an-inch thing with Dawn (“not that you need it, Dawnie, since you’re already a friggin’ beanpole! HAHA”). Dawn tries to bake a cake and ends up burning half of it but it’s okay because she just gobs on more frosting on the burned bits :’)
- Their favorite closest relative, if any: EACH OTHER, OBVIOUSLY; the rest of their family is either dead or horrible
- A hobby of theirs that they don’t like to admit to: Dawn writes sO MUCH FANFICTION and most of it is self-insert junk about her and Tristan; she’s got like 15 notebooks, organized by AU in alphabetical order. I feel like Hannah doesn’t do anything she’s ashamed of or wouldn’t like to admit to? She’s way more comfortable with herself than Dawn is, so she completely owns everything she likes.
- What they smell like, generally: Hannah smells like sweat and really fruity deodorant, and Dawn smells kind of powdery/kind of like burnt things (once she hits her emo phase she gets super-into scented candles)
- Their greatest fear: Dawn’s terrified that she’ll never get to live a life that’s completely hers and hers alone; she doesn’t want to be shoved into her mom’s goals for her future. Hannah would probably never admit it, but I think her biggest fear is never having a stable family? Not in the sense of like a husband and kids or anything, but like with her mom and junk; Brooke leaving fucks her up pretty bad emotionally because she was a way better mom to her and Dawn than their actual mom is…
- Animal you associate them with: Dawn is literally a trembly baby giraffe, and I’ve always associated Hannah with that one kind of yellow lab that’s naturally super-stocky/kind of chubby
- Their greatest talent: Despite the weird subject matter of most of what she’s written in her spare time, Dawn’s actually a really good writer; it’s probably the one thing about herself she’s proud of. Hannah’s really empathetic, even though most of the time she doesn’t act like it.
- Their favorite food and/or dessert: Dawn really likes any kind of pancakey food, especially crepes, and she LOVES strawberries. Hannah will generally eat anything, but buffalo wings are probably her go-to favorite food; her favorite dessert is a huge slab of cheesecake (preferably the ridiculous overstuffed Cheesecake-Factory-type ones, with like 15 different kinds of chocolate or whatever).
- Their ideal vacation: Dawn really wants to go to Australia or the Galapagos so she can spend all her free time practicing to become a badass marine biologist! Hannah just cares about laser tag and huge amounts of cheap food/booze, so probably VVVVegas???
"Who let you in?"
"THERE IS NO DOOR I CANNOT OPEN, NO WALLS CAN SEPARATE ME FROM THE INEVITABLE. I AM BUT A HUMBLE WARNING SENT FROM YOUR BURGER KING MANAGER. HE SAYS HE HAS FOOTAGE OF YOU CONSUMING THE CHICKEN NUGGETS AND HE WILL FIRE YOU. BEWARE THE MANAGERS WORDS MY CHILD."
Has anyone watched one of those really old cartoons from the 30s and 40s, like the kind they showed on Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, and then watch The Venture Bros and think, holy crap, The Monarch looks like a freaking villain from a 1930s Fleischer cartoon?